What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the internet. They allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who manages the domain from where the cookies are sent and what the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor himself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as their own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time that they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform, or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the configuration regional from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application, or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications, and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in the function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies
You have the option to allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
Cookies used in ultimmarketing.com
The cookies that are being used in this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
- Description: This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users’ unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.
- Type: Necessary
- Description: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
- Type: Analytics
- Description: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.
- Type: Analytics
- Description: This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.
- Type: Performance
- Description: This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the users’ browser supports cookies.
- Type: Advertisement
- Description: This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.
- Type: Advertisement
- Description: The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisments to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.
- Type: Advertisement
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- The notice is hidden on this page.